Eggs are one of the healthiest foods in the world. What’s more, they’re not an expensive ingredient and the best thing about them is that they can be prepared in so many different ways. When it comes to their nutritive value, they’re rich in iron, amino acids, and antioxidants. However, a more nutritious variant and a variant without the presence of hormones and antibiotics are organic eggs.
For those who don’t know this fact, the body produces eleven essential fatty acids whereas other 9 important fatty acids are found in eggs. According to the Health Center, if the body doesn’t have these 9 fatty acids, the risk of chronic tiredness, poor skin and hair health, and poor immunity are much higher.
The benefits of eating eggs on a regular basis:
- Stronger immunity– if you eat one or two eggs per day, your immunity will have no problem fighting of infections since eggs will supply the body with selenium which is highly beneficial for the regulation of the thyroid gland hormone and for a stronger immunity.
- Less stress and anxiety- the amino acids in eggs better the mental health and encourage the release of serotonin which is a neurotransmitter responsible for calmness, good mood, and relaxation.
- Regulated cholesterol levels– although one egg has around 200 mg of cholesterol, they actually lower the bad cholesterol and increase the good.
- Stronger teeth and bones- along with the sunrays, eggs are the best sources of vitamin D which is pivotal for the development and proper growth of the teeth and bones. It also encourages the absorption of calcium which is crucial for the digestion and the health of the heart.
- Healthier skin- eggs contain B-complex vitamins which are necessary for the health of the skin and hair as well as for the functioning of the liver and eyes. Research has found that B-complex vitamins are important for the nervous system and cognition.
- Weight loss- eggs are known to prolong the feeling of satiety so they make a great breakfast. Thus, they will help you avoid food cravings and you will reduce the risk of overeating. Studies point out that people who eat eggs for breakfast tend to eat fewer calories during the day.
- Improved vision- eggs have lutein and zeaxanthin, antioxidants that strengthen the vision and reduce the chance of eye diseases like macular degeneration and cataracts.