Red wine and weight loss are great friends. This is awesome news for wine lovers who need to lose a pound or two… See the facts and lose the sense of guilt!
It is neither a mystery nor a secret about the enormous benefits of having a glass of wine once a day. Apart from being healthy, it has a good taste. It is for this reason that if you are not yet convinced of it, we will show you all the reasons why taking wine more often will greatly help your health. We assure you as soon as you finish reading this article, you will always have a bottle of wine in your house.
Red wine and weight loss
A glass of red wine equivalent to one hour of exercise
Recently a team from University Alberta in Canada has been doing much research on the benefits of red wine. They found an ingredient called resveratrol, which increases heart rate and therefore muscle performance. So by doing several tests, they determined that taking a glass of wine daily would amount to doing an hour of exercises without the need to sweat. Here’s where they prove the relationship red wine and weight loss to be real.
They were able to observe that a good dose of resveratrol helps to improve physical performance, muscle strength and cardiac function, therefore a glass of wine is always ideal. Red wine in conjunction with the consumption of some nuts and fruits increases even more the physical performance. In the same way you do exercises every day, add a glass of as a plus to your energies and thus obtain better results.
Other benefits of red wine that are worth
Since we are touching the points about the importance of taking a glass of wine per day, and how beneficial it is to health, and everything that is able to contribute to our body, we are going to mention right now what are all these benefits:
- It reduces the risk of suffering from ischemic cerebrovascular diseases and coronary diseases as well as atherosclerosis.
- A huge source of antioxidants, which serve to combat bad cholesterol and increase good.
- It helps strengthen the immune system by making you stronger against allergies, flu and infections.
- Red wine has high contents of vitamins and antioxidants which make it an ideal food for the skin. Your daily consumption can help prevent the early onset of signs of aging.
- It has an anticoagulant effect when it enters the body that improves circulation in the blood and greatly reduces inflammation.
- Red wine has minerals and trace elements such as: zinc, iron, potassium, calcium, lithium and magnesium.
- It greatly reduces the risk of kidney stone formation and is also useful for combating urinary tract infections.
- Reduces the risk of diabetes and high blood pressure.
- It improves your dental health thanks to the large amount of antioxidants it contains, which can decelerate the growth of bacterial flora that is lodged in the gums and teeth.
- For its good contents of resveratrol, a glass of red wine daily will also help you to protect your memory.
- The wine in this case red, could also help people with Alzheimer’s and those who are at risk of suffering from this disease. This is due to its high content of antioxidants, which fight against aging and fight this disease.
- Daily consumption of red wine may also have an anticancer action throughout the body. Several studies show that the flavonoids found in red wine could be key in the prevention of prostate cancer.
- The antioxidants also present in red wine also protect against eye diseases such as macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
Do not forget!
The fact that red wine is healthy for our body does not mean that we should drink it in excess. To take advantage of all the benefits mentioned above, you should drink it in moderation and not exceed the recommended dose. The most you can afford is two glasses per day. Exceeding its consumption can cause serious liver problems or other health problems.