The human body often requires a proper cleanse in order for it to function properly.
For that reason, people turn to numerous different cleansing methods; all intended to flush the body toxins, clear the skin, refresh the body organs and keep a youthful appearance.
Among the wide range of cleansing techniques, one stands out in a huge way. Cleansing your body with juices considers purifying the body itself with a little help from different fruits and vegetables.
This way, the body receives the minerals and vitamins ant needs and enables the physique to remain energized and operative.
Also, the antioxidant compound found in both fruit and vegetable help the skin regenerate and makes age look like a joke. Aside from this, the body is more able to process and digest food as well as get rid of the waste.
However, everything comes with a downside, and so does this.
For starters, one may turn to consumption of fruits that contain plenty of natural sugars, which may lead to hypertension, hormonal disruption and obesity. In case you are suffering from issues such as hormonal imbalance and/or anxiety, this is not the best cleanse for you.
Otherwise, you’re good to go!
It is essential that you always use organic products while doing this cleanse, and keep in mind that once you start the fiber production is something to check in with regularly as well.
Here is how it works!
Benefits of a Soup Cleanse
Soups are one of the cleanest meals you will ever get to eat. They are a pure detoxifier and keep the body full of significant nutrients and compounds that do it good.
By detoxifying the organism you will boost the performance of your liver, gut, kidneys, lymphatic system, lungs, and finally, skin.
The soup cleanse also enables the body to acquire all the necessary spices, fatty acids and amino acids which alleviate digestion and stimulate the immunity.
Full of fiber, soups are excellent source of energy and can balance the weight, control the blood sugar and improve the mental sanity.
Vegetable soups are especially important because they possess complex carbohydrates, whereas fruits have more sugar that keeps the energy flowing.
Some of the qualities soup cleanses bring along are: reduced inflammation, increased energy levels, disease prevention, cell rejuvenation, weight loss, and clear skin.
How to do it right
A proper soup cleanse last 1-3 days. First phase starts with one day, and a month later increase the lasting time to three.
The amount you need to intake is from five to six soups per day. In case this is not enough, refill the bowl.
Make sure to prepare mostly vegetable soups that contain various types of healthy products. This will give your body the energy it needs to operate properly. Also, add healing spices and include nutrient-rich broths.
Don’t forget to hydrate at all times. Water removes toxins and extra water stuck in the body; this flush will help you feel more flexible, agile and upbeat. The amount of water you need is around ½ your weight in ounces of water each day.
Prepare soup a few days in advance- this will help you stay organized and ready at all times.
Preparing your Detox Soup Recipes
The recipe book is full of healthy and regenerating soups, all rich in flavor and healthy qualities.
- Kick off this process by preparing a broth: Miso, bone broth, or vegetable broth
- Throw in healing spices: Turmeric, ginger, cumin, garlic, cinnamon, etc.
- Then come the greens and veggies: Kale, spinach, zucchini, leeks, onion, carrots, etc.
- Starchy vegetables are always a great option, including: sweet potato, plantain, acorn squash, butternut squash, parsnips, beets.
- Don’t forget the protein aspect and add: beans, lentils, nuts.
- Other things you can include are: coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, ghee, avocado oil. These healthy fats let the body intake and process the healthy properties of all vegetables.
- Next: blend it away!
Here are three detox soup recipes that will serve you amazingly:
Broccoli Detox Soup
- 2.5 cups broccoli florets
- 3 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup kale or spinach
- 2 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups vegetable or bone broth
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons collagen (optional)
How to make:
First, heat the coconut oil in a pot, and then add the onion, celery sticks, and broccoli. Cook and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
Add broth, let the soup boil and finally let it simmer for 5 minutes, until soft and blended.
Blend soup until it is even and thick.
Carrot Ginger Detox Soup Recipe
- — 2 pounds carrots, chopped
- — 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- — 6 cups bone or vegetable broth
- — 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- — 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- — 1 cup coconut milk
- — Sea salt, black pepper and onion powder to taste
- — 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- — 2 tablespoons plain protein or collagen powder (optional)
How to make:
- First, in a pan, combine carrots, broth, ginger and garlic. Bring mix to boil and afterwards let it simmer.
- Next, sauté onions in a pan and add ghee. Proceed until everything is caramel-like.
- Throw in broth mixture and onions in a blender and blend until everything is smooth and thick.
- Finally, add coconut milk and seasonings and stir well.
Red Lentil Detox Soup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, olive oil, or ghee
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup red lentils, rinsed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4.5 cups bone or vegetable broth
- 1-inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Coconut cream for topping, optional
How to make:
- First, warm up oil on medium heat. In the pot, add chopped sweet potatoes, carrots, apple, and onion.
- Make sure the apples and vegetables are cooked until onions are crystalized, about 10 minutes.
- Add lentils, ginger, cumin, chili powder, paprika, and broth to the pot. Let the soup boil and then simmer until everything softens, about half an hour.
- Blend soup until it is even and thick.
- Pour blend in the pot again. Let it simmer and add water if needed.
- Finally, season it well and finish with coconut cream to taste.