Onychomycosis, also known as tinea unguium, is a fungal infection of the nail. This condition usually affects toenails, although it may affect the fingernails as well. It is not a life-threatening condition, but it can be very unpleasant and difficult to deal with.The infection can thicken, distort and fade the nails, which will make them look bad and may affect a person’s self-esteem.
REGARDLESS OF THE TREATMENT, WE SHOULD ALL FOLLOW THE TIPS BELOW IN ORDER TO PREVENT THE CONDITION FROM OCCURRING.
- The first tip for avoiding fungal infections is to keep your hands and feet clean and dry.
- Fungi are unable to grow and replicate without moisture, so make sure to always stay dry.
- Wearing well-fitted shoes made of natural material and clean and dry cotton socks will allow your feet to breathe and prevent any fungal overgrowth.
- You should also regularly trim your nails to keep them short, and never share socks and towels with other people.
- If the infection already took place, separate the infected nails and don’t walk barefoot in public areas such as the pool, showers or locker rooms.
- If you must go to the swimming pool, there are special shower shoes available at drug stores.
- If your toenails are already infected, avoid wearing old footwear as it might have caused the infection.
BESIDE THESE TIPS, THERE ARE SEVERAL NATURAL REMEDIES THAT CAN STOP THE GROWTH AND CURE THE INFECTION IN JUST A COUPLE OF MONTHS!
The best thing you can do is to soak your feet in yogurt – yogurt contains live Acidophilus bacteria that can destroy fungi and prevent the infections from spreading. Leave the yogurt to dry on your feet, then rinse with lukewarm water in the end. Repeat the process every day and you will get rid of the infection soon!