With winter just around the corner, it’s time to get your feet into tip top shape and avoid those dry, cracked, calloused feet. Don’t worry, though, you don’t have to make weekly pedicure trips to have smooth, beautiful feet this winter.
Baking Soda for Smooth Feet
- 4-5 liters of warm water in a bucket (that you’re feet will fit in)
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- Soft scrub sponge / brush / pumice stone
- Lavender oil (optional)
How to make:
- Pour the baking soda in the bucket of water and stir the water until the baking soda is dissolved. If you want to replicate an at home spa, then we recommend adding a couple drops of lavender oil! The aroma is so relaxing and it will help calm you after a long day at work!
- Soak your feet in the baking soda water for 15-20 minutes.
- After you’re finished soaking your feet, use a scrub brush, sponge or pumice stone to thoroughly rub the underside of your feet.
- When you’re finished scrubbing, coat your feet in a moisturizer that has a high glycerin content, or simply coat your feet in coconut oil, or Vaseline. Put socks on your feet to seal the moisture in. If you do this process before bed, then sleep with these socks on all night!
- Repeat this process 1-2 times a week and then reduce to 1-2 times a month throughout the winter!
If you want to make your at-home pedicure a bit more intense, use some of the baking soda and water to make a small amount of paste to scrub your feet with before you scrub with a sponge or brush!
Check out this short video to learn how to use baking soda for blackheads!