Etiquette, or good manners, actually depict proper and polite behavior. However, numerous people think that this protocol is unrealistic. Yet, the principles elitists follow are quite simple, and their code involves proper speech and vocabulary, common courtesy, restraining emotions, and neat and clean appearance.
This article will list and explain 15 of the most important etiquette rules which should be followed by every person.
1. When you are out, you should not keep the tablet of smartphone on the table, as this indicates that it is more important that the meeting itself, and people believe you are bored. If you keep looking at it, or check your Facebook account, they would be offended.
2. If you are having a walk with another person, and she/he greets someone with Hello, you should say Hello as well, even though you don’t know the people.
3. You should not ask a woman out if you intend to make calls or text someone the entire night.
4. Even though most people think sushi must be eaten with chopsticks, men can eat it with the hands.
5. Men may take the coat of the woman and leave it in the cloakroom, but they should never carry her bag.
6. Whenever you get their help, you should thank people, in order to show appreciation. Furthermore, do not take their help for granted.
7. You should never stare at other people as it is extremely rude. Also, do not laugh or talk too loudly.
8. You should not spend too much time on an empty conversation on the phone. If you need to spend some time with your friends, go out and meet them in person.
9. At the cinema, or in a concert hall or theater, go to your seat while facing those sitting.
10. Car drivers should be aware of the bad effects of splashing pedestrians with water.
11. Polite men show great respect to any women.
12. If you apologize and your apology is accepted, make sure you do not repeat the same incident once more.
13. Fashion is really important, but you should never be the only one to follow the trend, as you may look ridiculous, even though you believe you are fashionable.
14. You should keep exactly nine things secret –age, religion, medical issues, gifts, family quarrels, wealth, affairs, honor, and disgrace.
15. You must greet everyone when you enter a room, regardless of your status, age, or profession.
The goal of such rules is to make the world a better place. Sometimes, acquiring these good manners can be hard or may need some time, but be patient and master them to perfection. That will be a great trait of your personality.