Banana peel uses are countless, yet, we throw them away by default. That needs to change because banana peel benefits will blow your mind!
Bananas are one of nature’s greatest delights. Not only do they taste delicious and different, they are also full of vitamins and minerals like potassium and magnesium. They are also a great source of fiber and are one of those foods for athletes who need quick-acting carbohydrates for fast energy. Amazing!
But what about the banana peels? You can certainly use them to decimate your opponents in a Mario Kart game, but outside of video games, you probably do not really think twice and throw them away. As it turns out, throwing the banana peels is a big mistake as it can actually be the better and healthier part of the fruit. How is that possible? Well, check out these amazing banana peel uses.
Banana peel uses
Believe it or not, you can actually eat the banana peels. But before you do, make sure you clean thoroughly. Some people eat the peel along with the rest of the banana, while others choose to mix them with other fruits. But if it hurts you to eat them raw, you can try boiling them for about 10 minutes before eating them. If the idea of eating the peel is still too much for you, consider scraping as much of the inside of the skin with a spoon and consuming that part.
- Cholesterol reduction and prevention of cardiovascular diseases and strokes; the peel contains more fiber than the banana itself!
- Improve your mood; the peel contains amino acids that activate your serotonins.
- Reduce the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration, thanks to lutein from the banana peel, a powerful antioxidant that protects your eyes.
You can also apply the banana peel to different parts of your body to have some amazing benefits:
- Whiten your teeth by rubbing the inner part of the banana peel against your teeth daily.
- Reduce wrinkles by rubbing the banana peel over your face, leaving the residue about half an hour before washing it.
- Remove warts; put a piece of banana peel in the affected area with a bandage and leave it overnight – repeat until the wart falls off.
- Soothe the itching and pain of insect bites massaging your skin with the banana peel on the affected area.