Creamy dips go well with sliced veggies, crackers, and many more. However, it is important to choose wisely and indulge in healthy and nutrient-dense dips.
Regular dips use dairy as key ingredient along with many preservatives which are both inflammation-causing and known to cause hormone imbalances. On the other hand, the combination of spices in this dip fights inflammation! Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, works as potent anti-inflammatory agent, which makes it beneficial for treating rheumatoid arthritis and similar inflammation-related conditions. Cumin was found to provide the same effects.
As reported by Livestrong, a 2007 animal study published in “Phytotherapy Research” found that the thymoquinone in black cumin effectively reduced inflammation in subjects with arthritis.
Cauliflower, the key ingredient in this recipe, is another strong anti-inflammatory food. It also has been shown to help balance hormones partially by reducing unhealthy levels of estrogen.
Cauliflower is an excellent source of phytonutrients and antioxidants, both of which provide a wide plethora of health benefits, from improving cardiovascular, digestive, immune, and inflammatory systems to supporting oxygen-related metabolism.
Other Benefits of Cauliflower
- It is packed with vitamin C, which protects the body from sickness and disease
- It has high vitamin K content, which keeps the bones strong and healthy
- Regular consumption of cauliflower improves liver function, supporting the natural process of detoxification
- It improves digestion which in turn lowers the risk of leaky gut syndrome
- Cauliflower is low in calories, which makes it ideal for weight-watchers
- It helps reduce constipation
- It keeps the eyes healthy by protecting sensitive tissues of the retinal area
- It works as an effective vegetable for preventing cancer
- 74 calories
- 6 grams of fat
- 65 milligrams of sodium
- 1 head cauliflower, steamed
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- pinch of cumin, paprika, garlic powder, turmeric, and onion powder
- dash of sea salt and black pepper
How to make:
Run all the ingredients through a food processor. Add more seasoning, to taste.
Serve with sliced veggies, crackers, olives and finger foods.