This condition causes pain, discomfort and stiffness in the joint and can be quite common. Read further to find out what are the best treatments for it, how to impove it with care and attention.
Rotator cuff and biceps tendon are a group of muscules that support the shoulder joint. What maintains the bone of the arm inside the cavity of the shoulder is the biceps tendon. The name tendinitis shoulder or tendinitis of the rotator cuff or biceps tendinitis, is given when the tendon of the rotator cuff or biceps tendon become inflamed.
Most affected with this condition are people over 40. It is caused by bad movement and force, hit or fall, bad weight lifting or physical exercises such as or baseball, which stress the joint.
The treatments for this condition aim to diminish inflamation , relieve pain and avoid heavy activity. They are not are not invasive or surgical but demand perseverance and care.The analgesic treatment demands physiotherapy exercises to strengthen the area.
How to improve a shoulder tendinitis?
It takes 2 months to fix shoulder tendinitis. You must restrain from physical activity and do therapeutic exercises.
The following are tips to aid shoulder tendinitis:
- Before starting physical therapy try avoiding any activities for 2 weeks. It is supposed to decrease the pain considerably.
- To fight inflamation, apply ice or cold compresses for 15 minutes, about 3 to 6 times a day
- Use olive oil to massage the area and use it in your diet as well
- Use physiotherapist for a specific rehabilitation
- To restore balance and muscle flexibility, consult a chiropractic
- Do not lift heavy objects, raise your arm above your shoulders and limit your movements
- Avoid streching your body
- Do not sleep on the affected arm
- Exercise to improve shoulder tendonitis.
To improve flexibility try doing the following activity twice a day: put a towel or cloth placing your shoulder at the corner of a wall. Your arm should come behind and your elbowshould be flexed. Your legs should be one behind the other. Strech by flexing your shoulder. Apply pressure for 15 minutes. Rest and repeat 4 times.