People all around the world are trying to lose extra pounds, but what most of them don’t know is that drinking water plays a big role in the weight loss process. As we all know, our body consists of nearly 70% water, which means that we need to keep our body hydrated at all times.
As we already mentioned, one of the first and most important step in your weight-loss journey is water.
In order to burn calories faster, we need to drink plenty of water throughout the day. Besides that, it will cleanse our body of waste and it acts as appetite suppressant. We all tend to consume coffee, refined food like canned foods, carbonated drinks and processed oils which make our body acidic.
In order to decrease the acidic levels in our body, we need to drink a lot of water. Dehydration leads to sugar cravings, headaches and tiredness.
The recommended dose of drinking water is 8 to 10 glasses on a daily basis, so here are some tips on how you can achieve this:
- Have always a bottle of water with you.
- Have it wherever you go and drink at it during the day.
- Those who want to lose weight should definitely drink a glass of water prior each meals since it keeps you full, thus you will enter fewer calories in your body. According to one study conducted on older adults, drinking water before each meal increases weight loss by 2 kg in just 12 weeks. Another study conducted on overweight and obese people who drank water before each meals showed that they lost 44% more weight than those who did not drink more water.
- You should also tend to drink ice cold water which helps you boost your metabolism because your body has to work harder in order to warm up the water. As a result of that, it burns more calories and help you lose extra pounds. Plus, ice cold water is just so much more refreshing than water that’s room temperature.
- Add slices of lemon or lime in a bottle of water. You can include cucumber slices as well. This mixture includes 96% water content and mineral balance. Cucumber can provide very similar hydration levels to twice the volume of water.
There are many other vegetables that can hydrate you more and you can add them as well.
How do you know if you’re getting enough water?
If your urine is clear or very light yellow in color, it means you are well hydrated. On the other hand, if your urine is darker, you need drink more water, particularly if you want to lose some extra pounds.