An extreme exposure of the skin to different environmental factors can damage its color and structure. So, a dull and dark skin can result from environmental pollution, overexposure to sun, medical condition, stress, dry skin, chemical cosmetic products or poor lifestyle habits.
There are vast number of creams and lotions on the market for skin-lightening but most of them possess very toxic chemicals that can harm your skin. Often, they can be overpriced and cost a fortune.
However, there are natural solutions that will lighten and brighten your skin naturally and will save you time and of course money.
10 products for brighter and lighter skin:
Yogurt, a by-product of milk, has many nutrients that are good for the skin. It also contains lactic acid that has bleaching properties. The following remedies are suitable for all skin types.
Gently rub plain yogurt onto your skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily for several weeks to notice a significant change in your complexion.
Alternatively, mix one tablespoon of fresh yogurt with one-half tablespoon of honey. Apply the mixture on your face and neck. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Do this daily to improve your skin tone and complexion.
You can also add a little lemon juice and some oatmeal to yogurt to make a thick paste, and apply it as a face mask. This remedy will also help keep your skin supple and moisturized.
Oranges abound in vitamin C, one of the most important ingredient in the skin care. Their bleaching qualities can lighten your skin tone.
So, a regular intake of fresh orange juice can improve the texture and its suppleness. For skin lightening use the oranges in the following ways:
1. Mix 2 tsps. of freshly squeezed orange juice and a little of turmeric powder. Mix it well and apply it on your face and neck before you go to bed. You can also apply it on the legs and hands. After 20-30 minutes wash it off. Practice the treatment on a daily basis.
2. Dry some orange peels and grind them into powder. Mix 1 tsp of them with 1 tsp of plain yogurt and make a paste. Apply it on your face and let it stay for 15-20 minutes. Rinse it off with water. This method will help you lighten spots and marks on your face. One or two treatments a week are enough but no more than that.
This is one of the best ingredients that is used by people who lighten their skin to obtain a fair complexion as it contains various nutrients that help in keeping the skin very healthy. Using this remedy for every day can help remove the excess oil from the skin giving the skin a natural moisture.
The gram flour should be mixed with a small amount of water making a thick paste. The paste should be applied on the face, hands and the legs .The paste should be left on the applied areas until it dries then washed off with water.
Honeys is an important component in bleaching the skin while at the same time acting as a moisturizing agent. Uneven skin tone is due to the drying up of the skin. Honey also has antibacterial properties thus helping fading age spots and acne scarsHoney should be applied on then face, leaving it on for a few minutes and washing eventually with warm water. This remedy helps to remove dead cells of the skin thus making the skin appear brighter and fresher than before, the process should be repeated once in a day.
When teaspoon each of honey and lemon juice with honey and lemon juice, also add a tablespoon of powdered milk and almond oil. They should be mixed well and applied gently on the skin. Leave it applied on the skin for about 15 minutes and then wash it with cold water. This should be repeated once daily in a month.
The use of lemon juice
Lemons have acidic properties by working also as a natural bleaching of the skin and extremely high amount of vitamin C encouraging the growth of new cell growth. Lemons also have antioxidants that are good for the complexion of the skin.
1. Dip a cotton ball in a freshly lemon juice and directly apply on the face, also rub a cut lemon directed on the affected skin allowing the juice to stick to the skin. This improves the complexion of the skin also preventing the scars development of scars on the face.
2. Mix two spoonful of lemon juice with a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Apply the mixture on the skin leaving it on for half an hour. Wash the paste on the face with cold water, repeat the process at least twice in a day for two weeks.
Ensure that the skin does not have open wounds as the acidic nature of the lemon juice can cause pain on the open wounds.
ALOE VERA GEL
Aloe Vera can successfully heal hyperpigmentation and restore your original skin color. In fact, hyperpigmentation is the one of the main reason for uneven skin tone.
Its cooling effect will regenerate new cells and build up the damaged tissues. The following remedy will help you lighten dark spots and improve the overall look.
Peel the outer layers of the Aloe Vera leaf. Squeeze the substance from it. Apply the gel onto your skin. Let it stay on your skin for about half an hour and then rinse it off with water.
Practice this at least twice a day for two weeks.
Papaya is regularly used in various beauty treatments and can also be used to lighten your skin complexion. Papaya is believed to contain natural bleaching properties and the various nutrients in it will make your skin glow with health.
1. Eat papaya as a fruit. The general cleansing properties of papaya will cleanse the skin of impurities that could be causing it to darken.
2. Rub the inner part of the skin of a papaya on your face. Allow it to dry. Then wash your face with cold water and pat it dry. This will give your skin a nice glow. Do this daily.
3. Mash a ripe papaya and mix it with one cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Massage the mixture all over your face and neck. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes before washing it off with cold water. Do this at least once a week to notice a visible change in your skin tone.
How to lighten skin using Lemon turmeric cream
This is an effective way to lighten the skin as it treats the dark patches on the skin of the body such as the inner thighs, the elbows and the knees as well as other areas that have patches and left for about 15 minutes and then rinsed off with water. Both the ingredients of the mixture have skin bleaching properties to lighten the skin. Take note that turmeric tends to stain, so you should put on gloves to avoid staining of your clothes, to remove the turmeric stains from the clothes, apply wet ground sugar to exfoliate the stain from the affected area and then rinse off using cold water.
Cucumber ties collagen and firms your skin thus providing a light skin tone. Also, cucumber cools your skin. It is convenient for all skin types.
1. Slice a cucumber and place it on the dark skin areas that need lightening. Let them on for a few minutes. After you remove them, wash your skin with lukewarm water. Practice this treatment twice a day.
2. Mince a cucumber and add some honey to make a spot-reducing mask. Apply it on your face and neck. Let it on for 15-20 minutes and then wash it with cold water. For more optimal results, do this twice a day.
3. Mix 1 tsp of cucumber and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply it on your face and let it dry for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with water. Do this once a day.
The best way to encourage the growth of new skin cells to improve your skin tone is to get rid of old skin cells. Oatmeal helps exfoliate the skin, leaving it supple and soft.
Mix oatmeal with tomato juice and apply the mixture on your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. While rinsing, rub it gently so that the oatmeal can scrub off the dead skin cells. Do this daily.
Alternatively, mix one teaspoon of oatmeal powder, a pinch of turmeric and a few drops of lemon juice to make a thick paste. Apply it on your face and let it dry. Wash off the dry mask with water. Do this once daily.
Follow these natural remedies to lighten your skin complexion. However, bear in mind that these are very effective but will take time and patience to achieve your desired goal. Also remember that healthy skin is as important as a beautiful skin tone. So, try to maintain healthy skin also.