Split ends are the result of fraying of the hair shaft due to excessive heat, mechanical stress, and dryness.
The most effective way to get rid of split ends is to cut them off. If left untrimmed, they tend to break off or continue splitting up the length of your hair.
But since trimming your hair is not always the preferred solution, especially when you are trying to grow your hair long, you can use some natural home remedies to reduce and control the problem.
HOW TO REMOVE SPLIT ENDS? HOME TREATMENTS THAT WORK 100%
One of the ever best remedies to make your strands free from split ends, dryness, and dullness is the application of egg.
Method 1: Apply egg yolk mixed with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil/almond oil and 1 tablespoon of honey as a hair mask, and wash off after 30-45 minutes. Finally, shampoo your hair.
Method 2: Whisk an egg with one teaspoon of almond oil. Apply on damp hair. Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes and then rinse it off. Shampoo your hair.
Method 3: You can also pour orange juice and a banana in two eggs and apply as a hair mask. Keep it for 30 minutes and wash off.
Honey is great as a home hair treatment for split ends, especially when you mix it with curd.
- Combine 1/2 cup of curd and a tablespoon of honey. Mix well.
- Massage this mixture into your hair, paying particular attention to the ends, and let it remain there for 20 minutes. Rinse with water.
This method will give your hair a gorgeous sheen!
HOT OIL CONDITIONER
Hot oil conditioning is one of the oldest and most proven home remedies for split ends. To see wonderful transformations in very little time, you should try this treatment.
- Heat some olive oil, coconut oil or almond oil in the microwave for 15 seconds. Massage it in gently on your scalp.
- Leave it on for at least 45 minutes and then shampoo your hair. For extremely dry hair one can leave it on overnight as well.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and mild shampoo.