Spider veins are swollen and enlarged veins. Any vein may become varicose, but the veins most commonly affected are those in your legs and feet.
Any condition that puts excessive pressure on the legs or abdomen can lead to varicose veins. The most common pressure inducers are pregnancy, obesity, and standing for long periods.
HOW TO REDUCE THE APPEARANCE OF SPIDER VEINS WITH TOMATOES
I found myself reading an article that claims that you can reduce the appearance of spider veins with tomatoes.
“In the case of spider veins, they (tomatoes) have earned a special place as their seeds contain an acidic substance with properties similar to aspirin, which works as an anticoagulant, improving blood flow… They’re also loaded with flavonoids, antioxidant compounds that strengthen blood vessels”.
When applied topically, they can help reduce the appearance of unsightly spider veins.
RED TOMATO TREATMENT
- Wash the tomatoes and cut into slices.
- Apply the slices over the affected area and cover with a bandage to hold them in place.
- It is also recommended to replace used tomato slices with new slices over the 3 to 4 hours treatment period.
- You can use this treatment every night.
There is no estimated time frame for this treatment; you apply it as long as you believe it is necessary.
GREEN TOMATO TREATMENT
- Cut the tomatoes into slices, then apply them to the affected areas on the legs.
- Use a bandage to cover the entire area to hold the tomatoes in place and give them time to work.
- When you feel a slight tingle or burning sensation, that means it’s time to remove the bandage.
- It is recommended to rinse the area with plenty of warm water and carefully pat dry.
The article claims that this treatment based on red and green tomatoes has been providing many people with relief for some time now.
Notice: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.