If you go to bed right after a heavy meal you almost always wake up in the middle of the night with an upset stomach. This usually leads to bigger problems like indigestion, heartburn and acid reflux and you end up with a sleepless night. Thankfully, the problem can be treated naturally – a mix of coconut milk, ginger and turmeric can relieve the symptoms easily!
This remedy has strong anti-inflammatory properties which can improve your digestion and prevent acid reflux and heartburn. Coconut milk is abundant in healthy fats and has strong antimicrobial properties which can prevent digestive or stomach problems caused by bacteria. Turmeric, on the other hand, has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and it is able to relieve symptoms of the digestive tract lining. Here are the most important health benefits of turmeric:
- Relieve arthritis pain due to its anti-inflammatory effects.
- Stimulates liver detoxification and improves liver function. Also, improves bile flow and prevents bile stones.
- Thins the blood and boosts blood circulation.
- Helps soothe the digestive tract and prevents ulcers due to its antiseptic effects.
- Relieves pain and fever.
- Prevents and treats cancer.
- 1 inch piece of sliced and fresh ginger, or 1 tsp. of ginger powder
- 1 tsp. of turmeric
- 1 tbsp. of organic honey
- ¼ tsp. of ground black pepper
- 2 cups of coconut milk
How to make:
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except the honey. Mix well and then transfer the mixture in a saucepan. Bring to a low boiling and bubbling. Then, reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Finally, add the honey and drink while it`s still warm.
The recipe is simple and easy to prepare. This is a powerful drink that has the ability to improve digestion and help you prevent stomach problems at night.
Consume the remedy 1 hour before going to bed. The next morning, you`ll wake up refreshed and full of energy.