Canker Sores are extremely painful and they usually appear inside the oral cavity, on the base of the lips, cheeks or gums and under the tongue.They appear in different sizes, so there are two types of sores: smaller and large canker sores
1. Smaller canker sores usually heal within a couple of weeks, they do not leave scars and they are more common and more painful that the larger sores.
2.Larger canker sores are also very painful, they may leave scars, and also they can be so uncomfortable that it is sometimes hard to eat or speak.
Canker sores can be caused by many factors such as: indigestion, poor intake of vitamin C, B12 or iron.Also, oral hygiene, hormonal imbalance and stress can lead to canker sores, especially if you bite the inside of the cheeks. Although they typically disappear after a few weeks, during the entire period it is difácult to brush your teeth or eating. However, there are few effective and simple treatments which can solve your problem very quickly.
Below we are going to present you a few natural solutions that will greatly help with this problem:
1. Salt water Salt water is very effective for treating canker sores. Mix salt and hot water, and hold it in the mouth for about a minute.
2. Honey Honey soothes wounds and prevents further infection. First rinse your mouth with warm water and then apply the honey on the sore. Repeat this method a couple of times a day, and before bed.
3. Coconut oil and honey Mix one tablespoon of coconut oil with one tablespoon of honey. Apply it on your painful sore and hold it for 40 minutes. Repeat the process several times a day.
4. Lemon juice and soda Mix half a spoon of baking soda with lemon juice and apply it on the sore. This is one of the most effective remedy for canker sores, apply it two or tree times a day times a day, and your sores will completely disappear in few days.