We all know that apple cider vinegar has many health benefits, but did you know that it is also a great environment-safe and natural cleaner? Many different things can be cleaned with vinegar because it is a weak form of acetic acid.
In this article, we will present you 10 interesting ways in which you can use ACV, all you have to is to follow these easy steps and the results will amaze you. The best part about vinegar is that it is extremely cheap.
- If your drain clogged and you don’t have any draining out, all you have to do is to grab some vinegar and baking soda. First, pour about ½ cup of baking soda into the drain and then a cup of vinegar. Once it stops foaming, wash it out with hot water.
- Vinegar is an excellent solution when a sticker or a tape leave some sticky residue behind. Use vinegar to saturate the area, let it sit for a few seconds and scrub away quickly and easily.
- Does your trash can smell like something died in it, even though it is empty? You can easily get rid of it, just grab a piece of bread and pour vinegar and let it sit overnight. Once you remove it the next day, the awful smell will be gone. This also works great for any smelly place.
- You can use vinegar to make your own all-purpose cleaner. Just get a spray bottle and fill it 1/3 of the way with vinegar and the rest with water and a few drops of dish soap. This is a safe and highly effective cleaner for your bathroom and kitchen.
- If the fruit flies invade your home, there is an easy way to catch them all. Pour some ACV in a small bowl, cover the top with Saran wrap and poke a few holes. Now the trap is set. The flies will enter, but never leave.
- Need to get some wrinkles out of your clothes in a pinch? Pick a spray bottle and add one part of vinegar and three parts of water. Mist the clothing and let it hang for a few minutes. After drying you will see that those wrinkles have flattened out.
- If your cat is clawing at your furniture again, you don’t have to worry, just pour some vinegar in a spray bottle and sprits the area.
- We all know that all those beautiful flowers dry very quickly. In order to prevent that, the next time you put some flowers in your vase, just pour a little ACV and mix it with water. In this mixture, the flowers can stay alive much longer than before.
- You can also clean your glasses with ACV. Just grab a soft cloth and add a little vinegar to it. It will help remove all the dirt, smudges, and stains, leaving your glasses crystal clear and shiny.
- Last but not least, you can use vinegar to remove some hard to clean stains from your pots and pans. Simply place the pot on the stove and add a cup or two of white vinegar and the same amount of water. Boil it for about five minutes and your cookware will be as good as new.