Bunions are an unnatural, bony bumps at the base of the big toe where it attaches to the foot.
They actually caused by additional bone formation because of the abnormal growth of the joint on the feet.
Experts believe that wearing tight, high-heeled or too-narrow shoes contribute to the development of these bony bumps.
Because a bunion occurs at a joint, it can cause extreme pain while walking as well as reduced flexibility of your big toe.
You can try some easy-to-follow remedies that help reduce the symptoms as well as improve the condition of your foot and slow a bunion’s progression.
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR BUNIONS
According to Top 10 Home Remedies Stretching exercises for toes will help keep them flexible and mobile. They will also improve circulation, red blood cell activity and bone realignment.
- Place an elastic band around the big toes on each foot. Slowly turn your feet outward until you feel the stretch on the big toes.
- Hold this position for 1 minute. Relax for 1 minute, and repeat again.
- Do this exercise for 15 minutes, 2 or 3 times daily.
You can also use turmeric to treat bunions. Its key component, curcumin, has pain-blocking ability and also helps reduce inflammation.
- Make a paste of ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder and a little olive oil.
- Apply the mixture directly on your bunion. Do this 2 or 3 times daily for several days.
Castor oil is reach in anti-inflammatory properties. Natural Remedy Ideas suggests this can be effective in getting rid of the pain.
- Warm the castor oil. Dip a clean cloth into the oil and place on the affected area.
- Cover the cloth with another towel to make sure that the castor oil will stay heated.
Notice: Bunions are progressive and usually get worse over time. Some natural treatments can help address symptoms, but they cannot correct the actual deformity. In cases of severe discomfort, surgery may be needed to correct the problem.