Along with summer comes the watermelon season. A barbeque is so incomplete without it. Inspite of eating it for so long, I never knew it was so healthy. It hydrates the body.
But it also improves kidney functioning and blood pressure. Watermelons also have many nutrients- vitamin A, lycopene, vitamin C and citrullines.
Read the following to know 9 additional health benefits of eating watermelon:
- Improves heart condition: medical help is needed for those with heart ailments. But watermelon is good enough to do that. It keeps your heat safe with the carotenoids, potassium and vitamin C it contains. The cholesterol levels remain normal.
- Improve skin: if you want your skin to glow a little more, eat more watermelon. Since it has a lot of vitamin A, it moisturizes your skin, helps in tissue growth and makes you feel fresh.
- Helps with eyesight: vitamin A present in it increases eye sight and keeps your eyes healthy. Prevents blindness and age related eye problems.
- Helps with the kidneys: kidney stones can be a pain to anyone. Watermelons increase urine flow and ouput. Thus excess fluids are removed and there is no stress on the kidneys.
- Decreases blood pressure: the potassium and magnesium in it reduces blood pressure. Do not forget to eat watermelons along with the diet you follow for your blood pressure.
- Good for the bones: the lycopene and potassium in it keeps the bones strong. This will prevent deterioration and age related problems.
- Helps with asthma: vitamin C in it fights asthma. There are other nutrients in it which can boost lung health.
- Relieves sore muscles: it fights inflammation and sore muscles too. This is because of the fructose present in it.
- Treats prostate cancer: it does not really battle cancer but it does have nutrients that can fight it. It has antioxidants like lycopene.
Now that you know all that watermelons can help you with, don’t forget to include it in your daily diet.