Guava leaves have a number of healing properties which can be used in treating numerous health conditions. They are abundant in vitamins A and C, fiber, lycopene, and many other beneficial nutrients.
Here are some of the health benefits that guava leaves offer:
- Guava leaf can treat cough and bronchitis.
- Effectively reduce LDL cholesterol levels, without affecting the good HDL levels.
- Prevent hair loss. Boil a couple of guava leaves and then let them cool off. Massage your scalp with the resulting liquid.
- Relieve allergy symptoms such as itching. Simply crush a few guava leaves and apply them on the affected area. This can be useful for insect bites as well.
- Guava leaf tea can help you with upset stomach and food poisoning.
- Guava leaf tea can promote weight by preventing carbohydrates from turning into sugar. Also, this tea can suppress appetite.
- The tea made of guava leaves can be used for treating enlarged prostate and cancer.
- This tea has powerful antimicrobial properties and therefore is great for treating diarrhea and dysentery.
- Guava leaves can help you with acne and pimples due to their high vitamin C content.
- It is also recommended for men who have infertility problems.
- Put 9 guava leaves in 5 cups of water and boil until the amount in the pot is reduced by half. This liquid is extremely beneficial for treating dengue.
- Crushed guava leaves can prevent infection when applied on minor cuts such as scrapes and abrasion.
- Guava leaves can help you with toothache, inflamed gums and sores in the oral cavity. All you need to do is chew a few of them.
- Guava leaf tea can regulate blood sugar levels and insulin secretion.
- Mix a couple of crushed guava leaves with a little bit of water and use the resulting mixture to prevent premature skin aging.
(Visited 3,228 times, 2 visits today)