There’s no doubt that baking soda is one of the most beneficial ingredients you can find in the kitchen. Apart from cooking, this kitchen staple also has a number of incredible uses around the house. In fact, you can use it for almost anything – cleaning both indoors and outdoors, deodorizing, for beauty treatments, health ailments, and the list doesn’t end here.
Health and beauty
- Freshens your mouth– mix 1tbsp. baking soda in a ½ glass of water. Swish this around your mouth, then spit out and wash your teeth as normal.
- Relieve body odor – combine some baking soda with a powder puff and use it as an underarm deodorant.
- Heartburn – drink a mixture of ½ glass of water and 1 tsp. baking soda.
- Facial scrub – mix some water and baking soda in a ratio of 1:3. Rub this on your skin in circular motions then wash off.
- Soothe your feet– dissolve 3 tbsp. baking soda in a warm bath then soak your feet. Scrub gently.
- Clean sponges – soak smelly sponges in 4 tbsp. baking soda dissolved in 1 quart of warm water.
- Polish silver – combine 1 part water and 3 parts baking soda to make a paste. Using a clean cloth or a sponge, apply this on your Rinse thoroughly.
- Freshen your fridge – open a package of baking soda and put it in your fridge to remove unpleasant
- Clean the oven – dissolve some baking soda in water they place in a spray bottle. Use the mixture to spray the oven then let it act Scrub in the morning then wipe it clean.
- Clean shoes – mix some baking soda and water to make a paste. Apply this on your shoes, scrub with a sponge or rag, and wipe off in the end.
- Longer lasting flowers – keep your cut flowers fresh by adding a teaspoon of baking soda to the water in the vase.
Garden and garage
- Remove oil stains from garage floors– use a mixture of baking soda and water and a brush to scrub the spots and stains on your garage floor.
- Repel bugs – to keep bugs away, sprinkle some baking soda on the basement windows and under the sinks.
- Rejuvenate the greenery – add 1 tsp. baking soda, ½ tsp. clear ammonia, and 1 tsp. Epsom salt in a gallon of water. Sprinkle every rosebush-size shrub in your garden that has lost its luster with a quart of the solution.
- Deodorize cars – sprinkle some baking soda onto the fabric and carpets, let it act for 15 minutes then vacuum up.
- Sweeten tomatoes – improve the flavor of your home-grown tomatoes by sprinkling some baking soda on the soil surrounding the
- Remove pesticides – dissolve ¼ cup baking soda in a sink full of water to remove insecticides from fruit and vegetables. Immerse the produce in the solution, leave it for a couple of hours then rinse well.
- Make fluffier omelets– add ½ tsp. baking soda per egg to make your omelet fluffier.
- Deodorize the cutting boards – apply some baking soda on your cutting boards, scrub well then wash