Talking about the healthy lifestyle has forced many people to reconsider the consumption of certain products, including milk.
For this reason, standard dairy milk was understood as a huge health threat and soy milk came into the spotlight. Some individuals, such as vegans or lactose intolerant people, avoid dairy products and naturally turn to soy milk.
However, soy milk is far from ideal although it is promoted as a product rich in protein, iron, B vitamins and calcium, and low in saturated fats and cholesterol. As perfect as it may sound, soy milk is far more dangerous than you think and can represent a serious health threat.
Here is what soy milk consist of:
- Cane Sugar
- Soy milk (purified water and whole soybeans)
- Sea Salt
- Calcium Carbonate
- Natural Flavor
- Vitamin D2
- Vitamin A palmitate
- Vitamin B12
Despite the fact that you may be familiar with most of these ingredients, you have probably not heard about carrageenan until now. This compound belongs to the linear sulfated polysaccharides, found in red edible seaweeds.
Due to their gel-like structure and their thickness, these are used in the food industry to fold products together.
Still, as a result of its thick nature, the human body is unable to digest carrageenan. Also, the compound does not provide the body with any nutrients, and it only burdens it.
Even though it is natural and genuine, it actually negatively affects the human immunity. The compound was linked to cases involving cancer, gastrointestinal inflammatory diseases which may later lead to IBS, spastic colon, chronic diarrhea and inflammatory bowel disease.
Having this in mind, soy milk becomes a true enemy for the human organism. If you are still skeptical whether to use it or not, here are 10 more reasons on why you shouldn’t.
Ten Reasons To Steer Clear Of Soy Milk
- Soybeans also provide a content of haemagglutinin, a substance that creates blood clots.
- Soybeans are rich in natural toxins, which are harmful for the estrogen levels. In women, it can interchange the menstrual cycle and cause hormonal imbalance.
- Another substance found in soybeans and soy products is phytic acid, which destroys any traces of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc, which the body actually needs to work properly.
- Soy is almost entirely modified, meaning it is full of pesticides and toxins.
- When soy is processed, proteins inside the soy are exposed to high temperatures which make them difficult for digestion potentially dangerous for the health.
- Food products based on soy contain plenty of aluminum, a pure body toxin. If consumed too much, it will lead to nervous system and kidney diseases and it is known to cause Alzheimer’s disease.
- Other harmful substances in soy are plant estrogens known as phytoestrogens. They trigger endocrine system irregularities and are responsible for fertility problems and breast cancer occurrence in women.
- Soy is also carries toxic isoflavones – genistein and daidzein. These two are the culprits for breast cancer forming.
- Soy can release and contain nitrates during its preparation, which later on can lead to cancer.
- The thyroid also suffers from soy products consumption, since they contain high levels of goitrogens.