Cashew nuts are considered to be one of the healthiest foods in the world. Unfortunately only a small percentage of the database for natural medicines comprehensive is dedicated to this amazing nut. In order to grow, cashew nuts need humid and hot climate, which is the reason why some countries, such as Tanzania, Nigeria, Brazil and Mozambique, are the largest producers of Cashew Nuts in the world.
5 Health Benefits of Cashew Nuts
1. Cashews are also filled with monounsaturated fatty acids, such as palmitoleic and oleic acids, which are great for the heart’s health. They belong in the group of essential fatty acids which can decrease the level of harmful cholesterol (LDL) and also increase the level of good cholesterol (HDL) in our blood.
Scientific studies have proven that the well known Mediterranean diet, which is based mostly on monounsaturated fatty acids, can help organism system protect itself from coronary artery disease and strokes by supporting the blood lipid profile.
2. These nuts possess an abundance of calories. About 50 grams of these nuts contain 275 calories. In addition to that, they are rich in vitamins, minerals, soluble dietary fiber and numerous phytochemicals that prevent severe diseases, including cancers.
3. Cashews can be quite useful due to their numerous essential vitamins, such as pyridoxine (vitamin B6), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), thiamin (vitamin B11) and riboflavin. Just 3.5 Oz (100 grams) of these nuts will provide about 30% of the daily recommended levels of B6 (that is about 0.147 mg). B6 can significantly lower chances of developing homocystinuria and sideroblastic anemia.
On the other hand, niacin improves protection against dermatitis or pellagra. In addition, aforementioned vitamins are crucial for fat, protein and carbohydrates metabolism at a cellular level.
4. These tasty nuts are also rich in essential minerals. Some of the most useful minerals that can be found in cashew nuts are potassium, magnesium, copper, zinc, selenium and iron.
By consuming just a handful of cashews daily you will provide the necessary amount of the abovementioned minerals and protect your organism from deficiency-related diseases. Selenium is a highly important micronutrient and it works like a co-factor for antioxidant enzymes, such as Glutathione peroxides, which is known as one of the strongest antioxidants in the human body. Copper also acts as a co-factor for many important enzymes such as cytochrome c-oxidase and superoxide dismutase. Zinc, on the other hand, plays the same role with enzymes responsible for regulation of the progress of digestion, DNA synthesis and gonadal function.
5. Furthermore, cashews also contain a very small quantity of zeaxanthin, which is a very important pigment of flavonoid antioxidant. Zeaxanthin is selectively absorbed inside the retinal macula in the eyes. It is believed that it provides antioxidant and protective UV ray filtering features and also that it protects us from ARMD also known as “age-related macular degeneration” in old people.
Besides all the above-mentioned benefits of Cashew Nuts, they also are considered to be one of the best alternative treatment for depression.
How Treat Depression Naturally – A Basic Guide to Cashew Nutrition
Cashew nuts are more than great source of tryptophan, which is a vital amino acid our body needs to take it throughout the food. This amino acid helps children develop and grow, regulates mood, balances our behavior, improves sleep and can significantly lower the level of stress, anxiety and depression.
Just two handfuls of cashews contain somewhere between 1.000 and 2.000 mg of tryptophan. This compound has been proven to be as equally successful as prescription antidepressants. The best thing about treating depression with cashews is that you will surely avoid side effects that are usually caused by antidepressants. Of course, this is yet another thing big pharma carefully hides from us.
According to FDA Deputy Commissioner for Policy’s David Adams, who was part of the Drug Information Association Annual Meeting back in 1993, we need to pay close attention to the things happening around the legal arena and dietary supplements. If producers of natural remedies manage getting the support, there will most likely be a completely new class of products, which will be competing with the already existing drugs. This is why we need a special law that will have the function to regulate the supplements.
In addition, back in 1993, FDA Dietary Task Force has released a report saying that the selling and existence of dietary supplements will not jeopardize efforts for creating new drugs.
As you are probably aware by now, big pharma is a huge business. However, there is much effective and safer natural depression treatment they want to hide from the common people because thus they will lose lots of money.
An introduction to Cashew Nut Allergy
Beside allergies caused by eating walnuts, almonds and other nuts, cashew nut cause allergy in both adults and children and is one of the commonest food allergies. Same as peanuts, cashews can lead to occurrence of some very severe allergic reactions, even if the individual has consumed just a small quantity of cashews.
The healthy nuts we dedicate this article to are a hidden ingredient in many common foods such as ice cream, cakes and Asian dishes. Anyway, if you ever experience symptoms of cashew nut allergy, it is mandatory to look for professional help.