Ginger is one of my favorite spices. I am constantly adding it to my signature dishes because it adds just a little bit of heat with just the right amount of spice.
Ginger not only tastes good, it’s also super good for you.
Keeping a few ginger chews in your pocket, or purse can be a fast solution for the following symptoms:
- Treat motion sickness
- Treat nausea
- Reduce muscle pain
- Treat morning sickness
- Reduce Inflammation
- Reduce soreness
- Improve heart disease risk factors
- Lower blood sugar
- Reduce menstrual pain
- Relieve chronic indigestion
- Prevent cancer
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Fight infections
- Improve brain function
So if you’re looking for a way to incorporate more Ginger into your diet to fight any of the above mentioned illnesses, why not give yourself a sweet treat at the same time?
How, you ask?
Simple, try some Ginger chews, sometimes referred to as Gin Gins. They are small, round candies filled with the crispness of ginger, and a powerful satisfying flavor.
Do-it-yourself Ginger Chews
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 10 Soft Medjool Dates
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 5 Drops Liquid Stevia
- 1 Tbsp Natural Pure Almond Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 6-12 drops organic ginger essential oil
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Powdered Coconut Sugar (Optional)
How to make:
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until smooth stopping to scrape down the sides.
- keep blending and scraping until the mixture is smooth and dough-like.
- Line a bowl with saran wrap and scrape ginger chew dough into it.
- Place in the freezer or refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
- Remove ginger chew dough from the refrigerator and roll into preferred shape.
- Place into parchment or saran wrap lined sealed tight container.
- Keep ginger chews in the freezer until ready to enjoy as there are no preservatives in this recipe and this keeps the chews firm.
Gin Gins are a great source of Ginger and they are especially good at curing symptoms of nausea and indigestion. Not only that, but they are easy to carry around in your purse, pocket, or coat. You know…for those just in case scenario’s. For me it’s when flying.
Tell your mom, tell your friends, bring them to work to share. Not only will you be providing a healthy, all natural candy, you will be providing the health benefits that come along with ginger.
Come on, you’ve got to admit, that sounds pretty good.
You don’t have to rely on ginger ale, or gingersnaps to get your ginger-fix.
These chews will not disappoint.