There’s no doubt that some of the most beneficial natural ingredients for skin health include aloe vera and coconut oil. These two have medicinal effects, which have been scientifically proven, on issues such as eczema, psoriasis, rashes, irritated or dry skin.
It’s because of their numerous health benefits that aloe vera and coconut oil are commonly used in commercial body care products. Although they provide great benefits when used separately, they are even more useful when combined together.
The best mixture is made when you combine the gel of aloe vera, not the juice, and pure, unrefined coconut oil. Typically, water and oil don’t blend well, which is why it’s not recommended to use the juice of this succulent plant.
Some health benefits of aloe vera:
- It soothes irritated skin and rashes.
- Aloe vera is extremely effective in treatment of minor burns and sunburn.
- It deep hydrates and rejuvenates the skin.
- It reduces the appearance of stretch marks, age spots, acne and scars.
Some health benefits of coconut oil:
- It slows skin aging.
- It works wonders as a natural moisturizer.
- It provides antifungal and antibacterial effects and relieves various skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, sunburn, rashes and skin irritations.
- It’s highly beneficial for dry skin.
- It’s great as massage oil.
- It can be used as a makeup remover.
- It’s beneficial for treatment of oily hair.
- 1/3 cup pure aloe vera gel (organic and cold-pressed aloe vera)
- 1/2 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil
- several drops of essential oil of your choice (such as lavender, jasmine, rose, vanilla)
How to make:
- In a small bowl mix the coconut oil and aloe vera with an electric mixer for 5-10 minutes. You should get light and homogenous
- Add the essential oils.
- Store the mixture into a glass container and keep it at room temperature. You can also refrigerate it if it’s warm in your house.
- This lotion will last several weeks.
How to use:
You should use the lotion just as any other lotion, but have in mind that it gives best results when applied on damp skin, preferably after bathing.
You can also use it as a makeup remover.
If you find this article helpful, don’t forget to share.