It’s a fact that modern life makes people turn to convenience food which is highly processed, and in most cases genetically modified. Such dietary habits are extremely unhealthy because this food is low in nutrients, but high in various unhealthy substances that disrupt the physiological pH value of your organism. To be more specific, the human body is alkaline, but ready-made and fast food make it acidic, which negatively affects the immune system function.
However, certain natural foods are well-known for their alkalinity and consuming these on a regular basis can effectively restore your body’s pH balance.
- Melon.Aside from regulating digestion, this fruit has an alkaline value of 8.5. Watermelon also belongs to this group because it has high fiber and water content.
- Swiss chard.It’s an amazing alkaline produce that packs numerous antioxidants. Plus, it has powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Olive oil.This oil abounds in vitamins, mostly vitamin E, as well as healthy fatty acids.
- Lentils.Lentils are a great alternative to wheat; they provide a lot of energy and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Flaxseed.Apart from being alkaline, flaxseed is abundant in fiber and vitamin. It’s extremely beneficial for reducing inflammatory processes in the body, as well as hot flashes in menopausal women.
In addition to these 5 alkaline foods, which are highly recommended as part of a healthy well-balanced diet, other alkaline foods you can also consume on regular basis include:
- Banana– Bananas, especially ripe ones, are extremely beneficial for overall health.
- Avocado– It contains fatty acids beneficial for the heart.
- Carrots– They contain beta-carotene and improve vision.
- Berries– they are rich in antioxidants.
- Broccoli– It reduces cholesterol levels.
- Garlic– It regulates blood pressure.
- Pineapple– It stimulates weight loss.
- Grapes– They are rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Plus, they reduce blood pressure.
- Cabbage– It inhibits development of diseases.
- Lemon– It’s one of the most beneficial alkaline foods that prevent many diseases.
- Cauliflower– It’s a healthy alternative to bread.
- Sauerkraut– Fermented food is a great probiotic.
- Seaweed– It contains iron and balances the internal pH value of the body.
- Grapefruit – A great source of A and C vitamins.
- Cucumber– It keeps your skin and body well-hydrated because of its 90% water content.
- Quinoa– It regulates blood sugar levels.
- Mango – It improves metabolism and cleanses your bowels.
- Parsley– It removes toxins from the body.
- Papaya – It’s a natural laxative that cleanses your intestines.
- Spinach– It has a high iron and vitamin content.