Technology makes our life very easy, but also very unhealthy. The rice of processed foods, brainless entertainment and lack of physical activity has lowered the level of quality of sleep.
20 to 40 % of people in the world suffer from insomnia.
Sleep is very important. It is essential time during which our body recovers and heals itself.
In fact, poor sleep leads to impaired attention, alertness, concentration, reasoning, and problem-solving skills as well as a diminished sex drive.
Other serious conditions linked to poor sleep include:
- Heart attack
- Heart disease
- Irregular heartbeat
- Heart failure
- High blood pressure
Improving the quality of sleep
- Prevents heartburn ( sleep on left side)
- Prevents snoring (if you sleep on left side to relieve sleep apnea and snoring)
- Boosts digestion ( Sleeping on left side improve digestion)
- Clears lymph (The left side of the body is the dominant lymphatic side.)
- Improves brain health (Sleeping on left side also improve brain health. It helps our brain filter out waste and can even prevent certain health conditions, like Alzheimer’s)
- Improves circulation
HOW TO SLEEP ON YOUR LEFT SIDE
With all of the obvious benefits with a simple change in position, it may be time to change your sleeping habits.
If you’re having a hard time switching sides, simply place a body pillow on your right side to keep you from rolling over or keep a nightlight on the right side of your bed to naturally draw you towards the left.
You can also try keeping a pillow on your left side and placing it in between your knees and shoulders as if you were giving it a hug.