Have you heard about the amazing health benefits of castor oil? If you haven’t you don’t know what you’re missing. Castor oil is an amazing natural remedy which is often used in compresses due to its positive effect on circulation. If you want to make a castor oil compress you just need some cold pressed castor oil, plastic sheeting, clean gauze, a hot water bottle and a towel.
Before you apply the compress you need to clean your skin with a solution of baking soda and water. The same goes for after the application of the compress. After you’ve cleaned your skin heat up the castor oil and soak the gauze in it. Apply the soaked gauze in the affected area and cover it with a plastic wrap. Put the bottle with hot water over it and wrap the towel to keep everything in place. Leave the compress on for about an hour. Sit or lay down in a comfortable position, relax and unwind.
Even though castor oil is very cheap, not many people have heard about its medicinal properties. It can be used as a natural remedy against brown spots, ease the lower back pain, heal your injured wrist and help in the treatment of many other health issues.
Holistic medicine practitioners recommend it for a long list of diseases which have proven resistive to conventional medical treatments. It can be used for a plethora of medical conditions and here’s just a short list of its applications, recommended by Dr. William Mc Garey:
- It removes calcium deposits on the sole by having regular daily massages.
- It can effectively remove warts after four-week application.
- It prevents snoring after a two-week application.
- Castor oil and baking soda combination have proved effective in treating skin cancer.
- It treats allergies successfully when taken at a dosage of five drops each morning.
- It relieves pain and itching from insect bites, including bee stings.
- It heals cataract when one drop of oil is dripped in the affected eye every night before bedtime.
- It speeds up healing of wounds, cuts and bruises.
- Pilonidal cysts disappear with topical use of castor oil.
- It eases severe ocular allergies when rubbed on the eyelids before bedtime.
- It alleviates pain in the lower back when used once a week.
- A mixture of castor oil and baking soda lightens and eventually removes brown spots on the skin.
- It removes nodules on the vocal cords and chronic hoarseness when applied regularly on the neck for three months.
- It prevents chronic diarrhea when used as a coating on the belly.
- It treats hyperactivity when applied as a belly lining.
- It completely eradicates tinnitus when taken orally at a dosage of 6-8 drops a day for a month.
- It prevents pregnancy stretch marks when rubbed on the belly the last two months of pregnancy.
- It stimulates hair growth when applied on the scalp 20 minutes before shampooing.
- It significantly reduces hearing loss when dripped in the ear at a dosage of 2-3 drops.
- It speeds up the recovery of injured wrist when applied as a coating and left overnight.
- It eliminates nail fungus when used as a coating on the affected areas every day.
- It can also speed up the healing of hepatitis.
- It’s beneficial for treatment of melanoma when applied topically on regular basis.
- It alleviates recovery from alcoholism.
- It improves health in the terminal phase of cancer.