Even though cabbage stimulates natural gas, it provides numerous health benefits. Namely, numerous studies have demonstrated that it can lower the risk of various health conditions, from diabetes to heart disease. This extremely healthy vegetable has numerous advantages and preventative properties.
It can be used in numerous cases in order to prevent ailments and is extremely effective in the case of indigestion, as well as minor wounds.
Cabbage can be used alone or in some healing mixtures in order to treat various health issues. For example, when mixed with watercress, dried bilberries, and chamomile tea, and placed directly to the affected place, you can effectively treat eczema.
Apparently, a woman used the strong anti-inflammatory properties of the cabbage leaves in order to use them as a compress and treat joint pain. She placed warm cabbage leaves around the knee and encased it entirely.
She let them cool a bit and secured them with a self-stuck gauze bandage. In the end, she covered it with plastic wrap to keep the warmth. The repeated use of this method successfully alleviated the pain in her knee within a month.
This is only one of the numerous uses of cabbage leaves. This is what you didn’t know about the benefits of cabbage leaves:
Type 2 Diabetes
Cabbage effectively decelerates the sugar absorption in people at risk of developing diabetes, as well as in those who already suffer from type 1 diabetes. It is rich in fiber and thus it supports the absorption of excess glucose. In the case of diabetes:
- Consume cabbage juice, at least, two times during the day.
- Eat cabbage as a side dish at least 3 times on a daily basis.
- Drink cabbage in boiled form, and add some lemon if you want to enrich the taste.
Reduce the risk of Heart Disease
Red cabbage leaves contain anthocyanin, a water-soluble pigment which effectively treats inflammation. Moreover, cabbage is high in polyphenol which is related to the reduction of blood pressure and promotes heart health. This is what you should do as a treatment in case of heart disease:
- Replace lettuce with cabbage in salads.
- For best results, use raw cabbage leaves.
- Drink a glass of cabbage juice daily
- Take 2 tablespoons of cooked cabbage on a daily basis
Cabbage is extremely effective in its fermented form as kimchi and sauerkraut, as it promotes digestive health. It includes probiotics which boost the vitamin and mineral absorption.
Furthermore, also plays a role in digestive health in a fermented form as sauerkraut and kimchi. Since it contains probiotics it increases the absorption of vitamins and minerals and its enzymes push the food within the digestive tract.
This is how to use it in case of digestion and stomach issues:
- In a case of stomach ulcers, you should take cabbage juice capsules.
- In order to treat constipation, eat raw cabbage, or cooked in your meals.
- In order to treat diarrhea, drink cabbage juice between meals.
The leaves of cabbage are able to soak up pus from ingrown toenails. This is how to use them:
- Place several leaves on the affected area and secure them with a big bandage.
- Leave them during the night in order to allow them to act.
- You should repeat this until you solve the issue. Change the leaves daily.
The leaves of cabbage reduce pain and treat inflammations. According to a study conducted at the University of Missouri, there is a strong link between apigenin in cabbage and its powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, cabbage leaves compresses can be extremely beneficial in the treatment of minor sources of pain.
This is how to prepare them:
- Initially, you should wash the cabbage leaves and dry them well. Any kinds of cabbage leaves can be used, but if possible, use red leaves for best effects.
- Then, put the dry leaves in the painful place.
- Secure them with a bandage or an adhesive plaster.
- Leave the compress thus overnight in order to act.
- Change the compress daily.
Cabbage is extremely useful in the process wound healing. This is how to prepare it:
- Wash some green cabbage leaves and dry them.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten them and cut them.
- Place them in the microwave for a minute in order to heat them.
Apply the leaves on the wound and leave them to act. Change them on every 2 hours and over time, do it every 4-5 hours.