Turmeric is an incredibly useful spice that has been frequently used in the Indian and Chinese medicine due to its powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
Namely, it has been used in the treatments of chest pain, jaundice, bloody urine, flatulence, hemorrhage, colic, menstrual difficulties, toothache, and bruises.
Experts believe that most of the incredibly valuable properties of this spice are due to its active ingredient, curcumin. The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric have been shown to be even stronger than medicines you can buy over the counter- like Motrin.
However, unlike these pharmaceuticals, this natural spice causes no side- effects.
This capacity of turmeric has been used in order to treat inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) like ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s. Moreover, turmeric has also been found to be able to treat the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis and is extremely useful in the case of cystic fibrosis.
Moreover, this yellow spice is also extremely effective in the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease, it reduces the bad cholesterol, it promotes heart health and lowers the risk of heart disease and stroke, and it is beneficial for the liver as well.
Furthermore, turmeric successfully prevents cancer and inhibits cancer metastasis and growth.
Turmeric can be used in numerous different ways, as follows:
- Disinfect Minor Cuts and Wounds– Apply turmeric on a well-cleaned wound before you wrap the bandage.
- Joint Pain– Combine Himalayan salt with turmeric in a ratio 1:2 and add a little water. Then, apply the prepared paste on the affected area and leave it to act for 20 minutes. Repeat this on a daily basis and you will successfully treat joint pain. Turmeric may leave a yellow color to the skin, but it will also effectively reduce the swelling.
- Reduce Stomach Ache– Turmeric may significantly alleviate the stomachache.
- Natural Pain Killer
- Natural Food Coloring in Baking– You will need a bit of turmeric to color the food you are preparing.
- Longevity Tea– Prepare a turmeric tea and enrich its taste with honey or ginger, and you will enjoy all the benefits of the turmeric and you will prevent numerous diseases and health conditions.
- Anti-Dandruff Salve– Massage the scalp with a mixture of coconut oil and turmeric. Leave it to act for 15 minutes and then wash it off.
- Antacid– In order to cure the heartburn, you should prepare a tea by adding a teaspoon of turmeric to 4 cups of boiling water
- Sunburn relief– In order to soothe the burnt skin, you should apply a mixture of turmeric and aloe Vera gel.
- Glowing skin– Mix ⅓ teaspoon of turmeric, with 1 whisked egg white, and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice, apply it on the face and rinse it after 10-15 minutes.
- Foundation– You can add this spice to tinted moisturizer in order to match the tone of your skin.
- Teeth Whitener– Turmeric is excellent for whitening the teeth! Mix a teaspoon of turmeric, 3 tablespoons of softened coconut oil, and 2 teaspoons baking soda in order to prepare a paste and use it to brush your teeth as usually.
- Chemical Free Tie-dye– Add five tablespoons of turmeric to pot ¾ full of water and bring it to boil. Then, leave it to simmer, add the wet fabric in the pot and leave it to simmer for about 1 hour. Afterward, dry it and your fabric is successfully colored!
- Facial Mask for Dark circles, Acne, Rosacea– prepare a natural paste by mixing a teaspoon of water, a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of turmeric. Apply this facial mask on the face, leave it to act for 3 minutes and rinse afterward.
- Bake a cake– Turmeric is also very useful in cooking.
- Homemade Soap Coloring– Turmeric is great for the skin and it also adds color to the skin.
- Add to your dishes –This spice will add a great color to meals, especially curry, it will spice up the popcorn and will enrich the eggs! You can simply add it everywhere you like!
- Homemade Putty Coloring for Children– You need to combine salt, oil, flour, water, and cream of tartar, and add beets for red, and turmeric for yellow.
(Visited 1,646 times, 1 visits today)