Below is a homemade stretch mark cream recipe that really works. I came up with it after having my little one and I must confess that I’ve never stopped using it… not because it didn’t work, it worked wonders…
This is one of many beauty recipes that I used, but I just loved the smell and the way it moisturized my skin (far better than any store bought moisturizer that’s for sure).
Although stretch marks do eventually fade there’s nothing wrong with giving them a helping hand whilst improving the texture of our skin all in a very natural way.
The following home remedy for stretch marks is great and I highly recommend that you try it, but if you are short on time you could also make up a few easy oil remedies for stretch marks in less than a couple of minutes, Ie do this using a few essential oils and a little know how.
Ingredients For The Homemade Stretch Mark Cream
The lavender and lemon essential oils in the following home remedy for stretch marks have excellent healing powers on the skin. They help to reduce the redness of stretch marks and optimize the skins natural regenerative powers.
Ingredients You Will Need:
- 1/2 oz (15g) Cocoa butter
- 1/2 oz (15g) Beeswax
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Evening Primrose Oil
- 2 oz (50g) Coconut Oil
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) mineral water
- 1/2 teaspoon (2ml) Lemon essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (3ml) Lavender essential oil
- 1 teaspoons (5ml) Ylang Ylang essential oil
Equipment You Will Need:
- Wooden spoon
- Dark or clear glass jars.
- Heavy stainless steel saucepan
How To Make The Homemade Stretch Mark Cream:
- Over a low heat melt the beeswax, cocoa butter, coconut and evening primrose oils in a large, heavy based stainless steel saucepan.
- With a spoon beat in the spring water until you have a smooth mixture.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and stir it until it has cooled to body temperature (37 C).
- Add the ylang ylang, lavender and lemon essential oils then mix thoroughly to make a smooth cream.
- To stop the oil and water separating stir until the cream has completely cooled, then spoon into airtight jars. In order to ensure the essential oils are well preserved, clear jars need to be kept in a dark place.
- Massage the cream gently into your skin where your stretch marks are. Use this homemade stretch mark cream daily after either a bath or shower and your skin will feel softer after just a few days.