According to the latest statistics, there are more than 1 million death cases per 1 year in United States, which are caused by Cardiovascular diseases and Coronary artery disease – CAD, which can cause a heart attacks. Heart attacks is the most common cardiovascular disease. And the medical experts say that almost 920,000 Americans may have heart attack this year. The heart attack usually happens when there isn’t any blood flowing to certain parts of your heart and the most common cause is artery blockage (plaque). The plaque is built-up inside the arteries and it creates a blood clot which can block the blood flow.
You can prevent heart attack by changing your habits and your lifestyle
One of the most common causes for heart attack is the modern life and fast lifestyle. Well, the good thing about this is that it can be prevented. The KI (Karolinska Institute) has found that if men change their lifestyle and if they do these 5 healthy habits – they will reduce the risk of heart attack by 80%.
5 Healthy Habits That Can Prevent Heart Attack:
- Healthy circumference of the waist
- Stop consuming alcohol
- Don’t smoke
- Eat healthy
- More physical activities (cycling or walking 40 minutes a day and exercising 1 h every week)
You should always avoid sugar and sugary stuff, refine carbohydrates and processed foods. you should know that the saturated fats found in foods like: eggs, butter or lard are not that bad for you. These saturated fats impact the LDL cholesterol, also known as the bad cholesterol. This, LDL, cholesterol is related to all heart diseases, and there are two types of LDL cholesterol particles:
- Low-density LDL cholesterol
- High-density LDL cholesterol
The High-density LDL cholesterol is not harmful at all. But, you should be careful, because the low-density LDL cholesterol is harmful and it can cause a plaque build-up. You should also know that refined sugar, bagels, bread and soda increase the low-density LDL cholesterol as well.
- You should replace the grain carbohydrates with more vegetables, high-quality protein sources, high-quality healthy fats, such as: butter, raw dairy, organic pastured egg yolks, coconuts and coconut oil, avocados, organic nut oil, raw nuts, grass-fed meats, etc.
- You should balance omega-3 to omega-6 ration, because omega-3 deficiency can cause many different health problems – physical and mental. This is why you should avoid most of the vegetable oil and consume oily fish, such as: anchovies, sardines or take high-quality krill oil.
- You hould avoid processed fructose, sugar and grains