Excessive secretion of melanin in the human body triggers a condition known as hyperpigmentation or dark spots on the skin. This common cosmetic issue affects both men and women, but is more predominant in people with darker complexion.
Other risk factors for hyperpigmentation long exposure to sunlight, hormonal imbalance, pregnancy, Addison’s disease, sleep deficiency and excessive stress.
There are other cosmetic issues, such as acne for example, but the thing with dark spots is that they don’t go away as quickly. In fact, it sometimes takes a combination of preventative measures, corrective cosmetics and procedures to maintain the skin quality you want.
When dealing with issues of this kind, it’s important to take natural medicine into consideration. For instance, the following natural remedies we suggest here can eliminate dark spots in less than 30 minutes.
The video we’ve provided below also gives detailed instructions on how to get rid of dark spots most efficiently.
1. Home Remedy
- Almonds are one of the most beneficial natural ingredients for skin care.
- Steep 8-10 almonds in water and leave them overnight.
- Remove the skin in the morning and grind the almonds.
- Mix with a teaspoon of sandalwood powder and half a teaspoon of honey to create a fine paste.
- Apply the mask on your face and leave it to act for half an hour.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
2. Home Remedy
- Mix 4 tsps. buttermilk with 2 tsps. fresh tomato juice. Buttermilk gives the same effect as lemon juice except for the burning sensation.
- Apply the mixture on your face. Leave it to act for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
3. Home Remedy
- Grind half a cup of rolled oats. Mix this with 3-4 tbsps. lemon juice to create a paste.
- Apply the mixture on your face. Let it dry.
- Remove the mask with a cloth soaked in warm water or rinse it off with warm water.
- Repeat the treatment once or twice a week.
Other natural alternatives include lemon, potato slices, these are also effective against dark circles, aloe vera, vitamin E oil, papaya pulp and Buttermilk.
A powerful antioxidant, lemon juice is extremely beneficial against many skin conditions. It’s also a strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent due to the high amount of vitamins and minerals it contains. Due to its acidic quality, lemon juice is suitable for skin whitening too, and best of all, it normally gives immediate results.
Buttermilk is another mild and efficient natural ingredient that does wonders against skin blemishes like acne scars, pimple marks and uneven skin tone. The lactic acid in buttermilk is highly beneficial for promoting bright and beautiful skin tone. Natural yoghurt or milk can be used as an alternative to get the same results.
Aloe vera is a well-known antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent that can do wonders for many skin-related issues including hyperpigmentation. It can be extracted directly from the leaf of the aloe plant and applied on the dark spots. Plus, the plant is abundant in minerals, vitamins and enzymes suitable for all skin types.
Last, but not least, papaya is rich in enzymes and minerals which make it extremely beneficial for removing dark spots on the skin. Ripe papaya is best to use. Make a paste from the flesh of the fruit and apply directly on the affected skin. Leave it on for at least 20 minutes before washing it off.