Sweating is not the factor which causes bad odor. It is the bacteria which get accumulated on the skin which releases an unpleasant odor. Bad odor is associated with the sweat glands.
A lot of people use deodorants to eliminate this unpleasant odor. Deodorants just make it worse as they contain a lot of toxic chemicals and other products made up of heavy metal such as aluminum.
There are some very simple home remedies which can help get rid of the body odor.
1. Lemon juice – Bacteria require a moist and warm environment to thrive, which unfortunately makes your armpit a very hospitable environment for them. Lemon juice is acidic in nature and destroys these bacteria.
The high acid levels also create a hostile environment for the bacteria. If possible, use this method before your shower. After your shower, apply an antimicrobial powder to your underarms to keep it dry and prevent the bacteria from spreading.
2. Tea Tree Oil – It has been used as an antifungal and antibacterial agent for hundreds of years. This gentle oil can solve various skin problems, including underarm odor.
Mix some natural rosewater and a few drops of tea tree oil, spray under the arms and get rid of odor immediately.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar – It is also known to be effective against body odor. It reduces the ph level of the skin and thus minimizes the odor.
4. Rose Water – Put some rose water in the bathing water or in the bath tub. This will work as a natural deodorant.
5. Essential Oils – Oils of oak, jasmine and peppermint possess effective and speedy drying and also anti-bacterial qualities.
6. Baking Soda – Use it as underarm deodorant by applying it with a powder puff.
Apply any one of these on a small area of the skin. In case no allergic reaction is observed, you can use them to combat body odor. They will leave you with a prolonged, natural aroma.